En Silk Route - An Experience In Uzbekistan
En Silk Route - An Experience In Uzbekistan
About the Experience
To satisfy the nomad in you, we have an experience just for the modern bohemian like yourself. Besides being the cradle of culture and one of the hubs for the bohemian lifestyle, there are a hundred more reasons to visit and witness Uzbekistan. This Vajor Escape lines a unique experience to explore the legendary Silk Road through the alluring charm of Uzbekistan. The journey begins at getting acquainted with the modern city of Tashkent as the perfect gateway to enter the country to roaming the coiled narrow lanes of the many bazaars in Bukhara to marvelling at the ancient monuments and minarets exhibiting colorful mosaics in the ancient city of Samarkand to a wine tasting session and ends with taking your own time off to bargain as you buy textiles, carpets and more souvenirs, party at the Russian clubs and indulge in the bohemian charm of Uzbekistan!
Tashkent: This is where our breathtaking journey will start. Uzbekistan’s modern capital, the city of Tashkent will reveal a strong brew of the modern and the ancient where old museums, cathedrals and mosques become part of organised street crossings, parks and modern day buildings in Soviet architecture. Visit the most famous heritage sight - the Amir Temur Square - and it’s fascinating aspect of being the true centre of the city from where all the main roads of the city to all corners of Uzbek and neighbouring states radiate. Visit the Independence Square located in the old city where you’ll get to see the old ‘wattle and daub’ houses to get in the mood for the rustic vibe of Uzbekistan. Explore the vibrant Chorsu bazaar to find cheap ceramics, ikat-woven textiles, tapestries and other handicrafts.
Bukhara: Thanks to Uzbek’s incredible high-speed and futuristic rail network - Afrosiyob - travelling to Bukhara from Tashkent is easier than ever. A prominent city of the Silk Route and the hub of Islamic culture, take a stroll in the narrow alleys that lead to ‘chai-khanas’ (tea-houses) and local rooftop cafes overlooking the ancient city. Explore the famous ‘bazaars’ for some exquisite yet cheap findings in ceramics, silk carpets, musical instruments, perfumes to continue your bohemian life back home before we attend some carpet-weaving workshops for a closer look at the process. Find ancient architecture garnished with mosaic tiled walls and domes to catch an unbeatable sight when the light hits them in the morning and the evening. Walk around the city like a local, observing and taking in the local life as old men play a game of dominoes, musicians create mesmerizing tunes on folk instruments in the bustling colorful bazaars and gorgeous minarets tower our every move.
Samarkand: The most ancient city of the country, Samarkand will take you back in time as you witness its many old heritage monuments and buildings accompanied by the best storytellers to guide you and let you in on the history. Visit the Registan Square - a real gem & the central point of the Silk Route, it became famous for its great architectural ensemble. Some takeaways here will include a wine-tasting session and a time-off to party at the Russian clubs or walk around the lanes and streets to please the nomadic explorer in you.
Be part of an experience that will provide the perfect Arabian blend of cultural discovery, architecture and gastronomy.
Key take Aways
- Live your bohemian dreams in the cradle of bohemian culture and lifestyle
- Trace an important part of the ancient Silk Route and its cities
- Ride Uzbek’s high-speed trains - Afrosiyob
- Explore the country’s transitional modern to ancient elements
- Take a stroll in the narrow lanes witnessing the locals
- Walk amidst ‘bazaars’ as you bargain and shop exquisite souvenirs
- Find precious, authentic yet affordable ceramics, carpets and textiles at these ‘bazaars’
- Taste the Uzbek wine in a fun wine-tasting session
- Enjoy authentic Uzbek meals
- Witness the Instagrammable monuments decorated with colorful mosaic tiles
- Take your own time to wander off or party at the Russian pubs
- - Flights & fare from Delhi-Uzbekistan-Delhi
- - Hotel accomodation
- - E-Visa fee
- - All meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner & snacks) during the escape
- - Afrosiyob fare (high-speed train)
- - Daily guided tours and entry fares to all the monuments
- - Any expense outside the itinerary or personal expenses
- - Travel Insurance (Can be done on request)
- - Any in-room dining, beverages or dining other than the ones planned for the group
- - Any additional activities not specifically mentioned in the itinerary
- - Any additional accommodation that may arise due to unforeseen circumstances