The Calm In Chaos - Luxury Varanasi Retreat
About the Experience
As each evening the smoke billows into the Ganges, the chants of aartis act as a balm to soothe the worries and humans live the circle of life. We all know it as the place of magical sacred waters, the city of lights and for its beautiful chaos.
This Vajor Escape takes you on a weekend getaway to Varanasi, a place that is famous on every traveller’s bucket list who wants to unravel its mystic nature! One of the major highlights of the escape is a special curated stay at the luxury property ‘Tree Of Life’ - a monumental place with its own stepwells & a Shiva courtyard, a property that boasts of lush greenery, beautiful architecture and the serenity away from the stir of the city. The experience is curated to tell a story of contrast where we stroll through the narrow bustling lanes (the heart of Benaras) on a dazzling evening while also ride an early morning boat on the Ganges to witness the absolute calm and understand the balance that holds the city together. And the escape promises to be so much more with exploring and savouring the culinary heritage of the city, walks around the ghats with its unending ancient temples, Benarasi saree silk-weaving and lacquer toys artist demonstrations, interactions with a powerful environment activist working towards the cleanliness of the ghats and a silvery night listening to stories of Kabir & Kashi from the musicians of Benaras Gharana in the city known as the musical Mecca!
Come and experience the sights, sounds and smells of the old-town with its narrow ‘gallis’, the colorful facades, the calm of the river, the energy of the ghats with a side of an extraordinarily delicious cuisine!
Key take Aways
- Tree Of Life’ luxury accommodation - property laced with greenery, monumental architecture and a calm environment away from the bustling city
- Artisanal homegrown breakfasts at Tree of Life
- Sunrise & evening Ganges boat rides & tour of the ghat
- Visit to temples & evening aarti
- Musical night with the Benaras Gharana
- Silk weaving & lacquer toys artist demonstrations
- Authentic local lunches and dinners
- Meet an environment activist keeping the ghats clean
- - Accommodation (twin sharing)
- - All meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner & snacks) during the escape
- - Sightseeing & Workshops
- - Guided tours
- - Travel to-and-fro Varanasi
- - Any expense outside the itinerary or personal expenses
- - Any in-room dining, beverages or dining other than the ones planned for the group
- - Any additional activities not specifically mentioned in the itinerary
- - Any additional accommodation that may arise due to unforeseen circumstances